Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered, ClerkBooks may collect personally identifiable information such as your:
- First and Last Name
- Job Title
- Employer’s Mailing Address
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
- Employer’s Billing information
Additional information may be requested as necessary during the provision of services. We do not collect any personal information unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services. These may include:
- Registering for an account
- Entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners
- Signing up for special offers from selected third parties
- Sending us an email message
- Submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services
To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
ClerkBooks primarily collects and uses your personal information to operate and deliver the services you have requested. ClerkBooks may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products and services available from ClerkBooks and its affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
ClerkBooks does not give away, sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
ClerkBooks may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. You may then be encouraged to reach out to those third parties via telephone, email, or through a link in our software or on our website. We will not pass any personally identifiable information to them without your permission.
If/once you sign-up with a third party to provide integration between them and ClerkBooks, your private information, as well as that of your customers, may be transferred from ClerkBooks to that third-party. ClerkBooks may share data with those trusted partners to provide services such as:
- Utility billing meter reading
- Timecard data entry
- Payment processing
Information may also be used to help perform statistical analysis, send you an email or postal mail, provide customer support and arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to ClerkBooks and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
ClerkBooks may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on ClerkBooks or you or your employer
- Protect and defend the rights or property of ClerkBooks
- Act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of ClerkBooks, or the public
Opt-Out of Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
You have the right under certain privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information. If you exercise your right to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information, we will refrain from disclosing your personal information, unless you subsequently provide express authorization for the disclosure of your personal information. To opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information, visit https://wp.clerbooks.com/contact-us/ and send us a message with the phrase “opt-out”. If necessary, we will contact you to clarify what information and connected services, if not all, you are opting out of.
Security of your Personal Information
ClerkBooks secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. ClerkBooks uses the following methods for this purpose:
- Professional grade hardware-based and additional software-based firewall systems. These are designed to prevent hackers from accessing any data within our network.
- Professional grade malware software. Designed to prevent viruses and ransomware from destroying any data within our network.
- Best practice software development. Using the latest technologies and software programming languages, environments and database management tools to protect your data.
- Industry leading off-site encrypted data backup servers. Protection from data loss due to natural disasters, hardware failures, terrorist or cyber attacks.
- Proprietary databases stored on locally hosted machines. We do not store or process data on a third-party server other than encrypted backup servers.
- Locally hosted screen sharing software. We do not use third-party servers for remote connection services.
- Military grade encryption for all websites, subdomains and hosted software. We annually renew a GeoTrust SSL Site Encryption powered by digicert.
- Additional field specific encryption for all sensitive data (SSN, TIN, Bank Account Info, Credit Card Info). We, and our partners follow strict PCI compliance standards.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us cannot be guaranteed.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service provider to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with any State’s applicable Privacy Act;
- Comply with any State’s Open Records Law;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
ClerkBooks does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use any of our applications or services.
Disconnecting your ClerkBooks Account from Third Party Websites
You will be able to connect your ClerkBooks account to third party accounts. BY CONNECTING YOUR CLERKBOOKS ACCOUNT TO YOUR THIRD PARTY ACCOUNT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE CONTINUOUS RELEASE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU TO OTHERS (IN ACCORDANCE WITH YORU PRIVACY SETTINGS ON THOSE THIRD PARTY SITES). IF YOU DO NOT WANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU, INCLUDING PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION TO BE SHARED IN THIS MANNER, DO NOT USE THIS FEATURE. You may disconnect your account from a third party account at any time.
Third party sites are not automatically connected initially. Initial connection must be initiated by you. During the use of the third party site, connection and disconnection may happen automatically as the third party application is needed. To permanently disconnect a third party site you may be able to disconnect the service in the app settings. If not, or if you are unsure of where to disconnect, you may contact us via email or telephone for assistance in disconnecting the third party app. Please remember to also contact that third party to deactivate your account with them.
Opt-Out & Unsubscribe from Third Party Communications
We respect your privacy and give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. User may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from third-party partners of ClerkBooks by contacting us at: http://wp.clerkbooks.com/contact-us/ or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 855-525-3757 ext 1.
From time to time, ClerkBooks may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, continuing education, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may received notification when you open an email from ClerkBooks or click a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from ClerkBooks, you may opt out of such communications by clicking the UNSUBSCRIBE link if available or by contacting us at: http://wp.clerkbooks.com/contact-us/ or by email at email@example.com, or by phone at 855-525-3757 ext 1.
Changes to this Statement
ClerkBooks welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe ClerkBooks has not adhered to this Statement, please contact ClerkBooks at:
185 E Sesame St
Garner, IA 50438
855-525-3757 ext 1